- Define exercise and sport biomechanics
- Identify the goals of exercise and sports biomechanics
- Describe the methods used to achieve the goals of exercise and sport biomechanics
- Be somewhat familiar with the history and development of exercise and sports biomechanics
- Define mechanics
- Outline the organization of mechanics
- Define length and the units of measurement for length
- Define time and the units of measurement for time
- Define mass and the units of measurement for mass
What is biomechanics?
The study of forces and their effects on living systems
Why is biomechanics important to Exercise Science majors and minors?
Equipment improvement or unimprovement
Improved training and accelerated learning
Injury prevention and rehabilitation
What will we learn in Kinesiology and Biomechanics???
- Kinetics and kinematics
Kinetics-The branch of dynamics that deals with the forces that cause or tend to cause motion
Kinematics-The branch of dynamics concerned with the description of motion
- Fluid mechanics
- Qualitative anyalsis
The organization of mechanics
Units of Measurement
||Abbreviation for SI Unit
||millisecond, minute, hour, day, week, year
||millimeter, centimeter, inch, foot, yard, kilometer, mile
What do most people know about numbers and units?
Mass is the measure of inertia, whereas weight is the measure of the force of gravity acting on an object.
|Distance from earth to sun
||94 million miles
|My height||5'10"||0.00000000000000019 lightyears|
|Kills by Taylor Sander and Jennifer Hamson
||N/A||1743+1590 = 3333|
What is your weight?
1lb = 4.45N
Google converter: "165 pounds to N"